I’m a girl with many obsessions, one of them being sweet potatoes. This wonderful vegetable is a perfect example of complex carbs. Also being high in fibre and Vitamin A and C makes the sweet potato one of my favourite things to cook with. I’ve been asked a few times how I make my sweet potato fries or wedges, so I thought I would post my recipe here along with a quick and easy guacamole with feta cheese to go with.
Here’s what you need
- 2 large sweet potatoes
- Olive Oil
- Pre-heat the oven on 200-220 degrees celsius
- Cut the sweet potato in long wedges.
- In a bowl, add the potato wedges with lots of olive oil, you want each and every wedge to be covered in oil.
- On a grill bar, spread your potatoes evenly and cook in the oven for about 30-35 min.
- When the time has passed and your potatoes look about done, crank up the heat to about 250 degrees on the grill setting for about 5 min.
- Take out and let cool for about 10 minutes and salt before serving.
For the guacamole, simply mash 2 avocados with lime or lemon, 1 garlic clove and salt. Take a feta cheese and break down into chunky pieces with your fingers and mix in with your avocado. Enjoy!