These wonderful Raw Snickers are one of my favourite healthy treats to snack on, together with my Protein Truffles which will be posted here in a near future – and boy will it be something to look forward to! But as for now, here’s the recipe for this crunchy no-bake and vegan delight that will knock your socks off!
Here’s what you need
- 150g salted peanuts
- 400g pitted dates
- 3 tbsp cacao
- 1 tbsp coconut fat
- A dash of vanilla powder
- Dark chocolate for coating (optional)
- Add the peanuts in a food processor and pulse until crushed and still chunky. Pour over into a bowl.
- In the same processor, add your pitted dates and mix until a “smooth” dough. Add just a little bit of water if necessary and mix together with the peanuts.
- Melt the coconut fat and add that in your bowl together with the cacao and vanilla powder. Blend with your hands until you’re left with a firm dough.
- Roll out on a parchment paper and let it set in the fridge for at least an hour.
- Take out and cut into squares or long rectangle shapes. Optional, but highly recommended, melt the dark chocolate on low heat and spread on top of your raw snickers and let it set in the frigde until hard.
Serve and enjoy!