I wanted to make a special meal for my boyfriends birthday a couple of days ago and thought it was a long time since I made this wonderful dinner with clams and white wine. It was very appreciated by the family, so I thought I would share the recipe with you as it’s incredibly easy to make!
Here’s what you need
- 1 net blue mussels
- 1 net clams
- 1 yellow onion
- 5 garlic cloves
- 3 tsp olive oil
- 3 tsp butter
- 4 dl dry white wine (I used El Coto Rioja)
- 3 dl chopped fresh parsley
- 350g pasta (I used fettuchine)
- 1 lemon
- Salt & Pepper
- Scrub the clams. Throw away the ones that are broken or that won’t close when carefully knocked against the kitchen sink.
- Chop the onion and garlic in fine pieces and fry in the olive oil and butter. Add the wine and clams and let it steam for about 5-7 min. Stir around a few times during that time. Throw the clams that hasn’t opened up. Carefully lift all the clams away to a separate plate and put aside. Let the broth boil down to half.
- Boil the pasta according to the instructions and remove about a minute before done.
- Pour out the pasta water but leave about 1 dl of it. Mix in with the broth and clams and add the parsley and let it all boil together for about 2 min. Add salt and pepper and serve with lemon wedges.
Serve with a nice bottle of white wine and garlic bread. Enjoy!