This is my favourite soup at the moment and I make it at least once a week, it’s so easy to make and tastes amazing! If you for some reason don’t like saffron (in which case I pity you and you’re not my friend) then this recipe works perfectly even without it!
So warm yourself up this winter with this delicious, creamy and really filling soup!
What you need
1 garlic clove
2 dl white cooking wine
1 bag saffron (0,5g)
1-2 tbsp tomato purée
1 cube fish or vegetable stock
2,5 dl cream
2 dl creme fraiche (34%)
Salmon, cod and hand peeled shrimps (as much as you want)
Salt and pepper
If you have frozen salmon and cod, start by defrosting in hot water before you start with your soup if you’re lazy like me and haven’t prepared hours before. Same with your shrimps, which I peel during the time my soup is cooking.
1. Start by dicing the onion and garlic and fry on medium heat until right before the onion starts taking colour.
2. Add the wine, saffron purée and stock and let it simmer for a minute or two while you cut up the potato in small dices.
3. Add the potato, cream and creme fraiche and stir around. Let simmer for about 15 minutes and eventually add in salt and pepper if needed.
4. Peel the shrimps and cut up the fish in big and chunky bits.
5. After around 15 minutes, take your soup and run a hand mixer through until smooth.
6. Add the fish in your soup and cook for 5 minutes.
7. Top off with shrimps and aioli and serve with your favourite bread!