One of my most popular recipes have been the Chocolate Protein Truffles I make, a recipe I’ve kept for myself until now. These truffles are one of my earlier creations and have been made in many different ways and flavours over time. The best one being with a chocolate and hazelnut protein and a hint of coffee. In my experience, the protein flavour and quality makes all the difference here, so make sure to use a good protein from a brand and flavour you really like. Of course this recipe works really well even without protein, if you for some reason don’t want to use it. Just add spices such as cinnamon, cardamom or carnation, or why not all of them?
Here’s what you need
- 400g pitted dates
- 4dl grated coconut
- 0,5-1 scoop protein of your choice
- 1-2 tbsp coffee
- Dark chocolate
- Nuts for garnish (try hazelnut, walnut or macadamia nut)
- Mix the pitted dates with the coffee in a food processor until you’re left with a smooth “dough”.
- In a bowl, add your date dough and mix with the rest of the ingredients. Form in to balls with wet hands to prevent from sticking. Let it cool in the fridge for a while before going to the next step.
- Melt the dark chocolate on low heat and add a pinch of sea salt, this is optional but highly recommend as the salt brings out the flavour in the chocolate perfectly.
- Dip each ball in the melted chocolate and make sure they’re evenly covered, place on a piece of parchment paper or plastic sheet and add some crushed nuts on top. Let cool in the fridge for at least an hour.
Serve and enjoy this delicious and healthy treat is with a warm cup of coffee!