Smaka på Stockholm (A Taste of Stockholm) is a early summer food festival in Sweden. This year the food festival is celebrating their 25 year anniversary with a five day culinary festival in Kungsträdgården.
Except for just tasting menus from different food trucks and Pop Up restaurants you also find competitions, products and cook-alongs. In the Pop Up restaurant some of Sweden’s most well-known chefs will cook culinary sensations to affordable prices. There is also several performances by many well known artists that you can watch for free.
You find a lot of participating food trucks, for example Curbside, Fred’s Food Truck and The Good Gringo.
Here is a list with all restaurants: http://www.smakapastockholm.se/
Below are pictures of some of my favorites:
- Kaffeluckan – really good coffee!
- Meat balls served with lingon berries and cream sauce – from Melanders
- Mango salad with peanut crunch and prawn cracker – Pho & Bun – a recently opened vietnamese restaurant in Vasastan.
- Bröderna Olssons Garlic & Shots – serves a very tasty veggie bean burger!
- Pulled pork burger from Truckster Soupreme
- Pizzas from Vezzo – An Umeå-based pizzeria serving food made from ecological and locally produced products.
Smaka på Stockholm, Kungsträdgården, from the 2nd to 6th of June