It’s the weekend and what better time for a burger than on a Saturday night? Served with guacamole, a darker bread and homemade potato chips gives you a good source of protein, healthy fats, fibre and carbs. The sweet chili sauce, being optional but highly recommended, is good for the soul.
Here’s what you need
- Potatoes, use as many as you want and keep them with the peel on
- Olive oil (and lots of it)
- 1 garlic clove (optional)
- Wash off any trace of dirt from the potatoes and cut them extremely thin, the thinner the better because will give you that crisp you want.
- In a sifter, wash off the starch from the potatoes and rince well.
- Put your potatoes on a paper towel and pat them dry, you don’t want any water on them as this process helps even further to get the texture just right.
- Pour lots of olive oil in a pan on high heat and let it get hot before you add the potatoes to fry.
- Fry in rounds if you have too much for about 5-10 minutes until they’re golden to the color, always stirring it around so it doesn’t stick to the pan.
- When you’re done, fry all of it together on medium heat to make them all equally warm. Add salt and finally garlic if you want to give it that little extra.
- 1 chicken breast/person
- Salt & Pepper
- 1 whole lime
- 1-2 avocados
- 1 tomato
- 1/2 red onion
- Fresh cilantro
- Sweet chili sauce (optional)
- Bread of your choice
- Fry the chicken on medium-high heat for about 7 minutes on each side, please make sure that the middle of the chicken is completely cooked to avoid getting food poisoning. Cut a small incision in the middle or thickest part of the chicken and check the color of the meat and water coming out. Usually when the water comes out clear and the chicken isn’t pink, that’s when you know it’s safe to eat. Add salt and pepper.
- Time to make the guacamole! Cut the red onion and tomato into little pieces. I usually take out the seeds and watery part from the tomato. Add salt, lime juice and peel from 1 lime and cilantro.
- Mash the avocado and leave it a bit chunky, mix in with the other ingredients.
- Put your chicken on the lower part of the bun, add sweet chili sauce, guacamole and put the top on. Serve with your homemade potato chips and enjoy!